- What is MyMVC?
- How does registration renewal work?
- Who can use MyMVC to do a registration renewal?
- What do I need to have in order to do a registration renewal?
- What if I need to change my address information?
- What is the system availability schedule?
- Can I claim my PAAD, SSI or Lifeline fee exemptions when using MyMVC?
- What about security?
What is MyMVC?
MyMVC is an easy way for New Jersey residents to take care of Motor Vehicle Commission business, almost any time of the day or night, from the comfort of their homes or offices.
How does registration renewal work?
Registration renewal is a simple and easy 4 step process:
Once you have completed the process your registration renewal is effective immediately. If your current registration documents have not yet expired, keep and use them until the new ones are received.
- Step 1- Enter vehicle information
Enter the Nine digit PIN from your renewal form.
- Step 2- Enter owner information.
Enter updated address (if necessary), insurance info, Social Security Number, and number of Family Duplicates requested.
- Step 3- Special Interest Plates
Select a Special Interest License Plate (if desired)
- Step 4- Pay fees.
Enter Credit Card information.
- Provide optional feedback.
After completing a renewal, you may fill out a short survey and add your own comments.
If you have not received them after two weeks, please call the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission. In-state call toll-free 888-486-3339; out-of-state call 609-292-6500.
- Your registration documents will be mailed to you within 7 to 14 days.
- Any family duplicates ordered will be mailed separately within 7 to 14 days.
- Special Interest License Plates will be mailed within 7 to 14 days.
Who can use MyMVC to do a registration renewal?
New Jersey drivers are eligible to use MyMVC for:
- Passenger vehicles
- Pleasure boats
- Trailers under 55,000 lbs.
What do I need to have in order to do a registration renewal?
- Your PIN from the bottom right corner of your registration renewal form. The PIN is required for security. If there is no PIN on your renewal form, you are not eligible to renew using the Internet or telephone-based services. If you do not have your renewal form, you will need to go into a Motor Vehicle Agency to renew your registration.
- Your Social Security Number (SSN).
- Your Insurance Identification Card (or your insurance policy number and your insurance company's 3 digit ID) -- Not Required for Boats.
- A valid Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover credit card.
What if I need to change my address information?
The state must have your correct and current mailing address on file to ensure you receive your registration documents.
You must update your mailing address found on your registration renewal form prior to renewing your registration. Use the convenient "Change Address" button found on the Welcome page.
The mailing address may not be changed for leased vehicles.
What is the system availability schedule?
MyMVC is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day with the exception of the following time periods:
- Midnight to 12:20 a.m., Eastern Time
- 9:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m., Eastern Time
- Wednesday, 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 a.m., Eastern Time
- Friday, 4:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m., Eastern Time
- Saturday, 3:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Eastern Time
Can I claim my PAAD, SSI or Lifeline fee exemptions when using MyMVC?
No. You must present proof of eligibility to be able to claim an exemption.
What about security?
Your privacy and security are our highest priority. The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission website uses a secure method of performing registration renewals. We are hard at work on an ongoing basis to keep MyMVC one of the most secure Web sites on the Internet. Here are just a few of the things we are doing to protect you:
- We use the industry's standard bearer for electronic commerce to encrypt your personal information before it ever leaves your computer. This means that your credit card number, Social Security number, insurance information, and address are kept confidential within the system during and after your use of MyMVC.
- Security procedures are checked and double-checked by the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission and on a regular basis.
We hope you will take advantage of the convenience MyMVC offers with complete confidence in its security.
NOTE: MyMVC does not collect or share data on Web site users for marketing purposes.